Oleh : Kristalpoker
These air fryer chicken wings have ridiculously juicy insides, crispy skin outsides, and the best lemon pepper flavor. Aka, they’re perfect for game day, Super Bowl or any dinner party really!
The Best Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings, Ever
Let’s just say your search for the most delicious chicken wings stops here. Not to say my baked soy garlic ginger chicken wings aren’t amazing (because trust me, they are). But these air fryer chicken wings achieve that golden crispy perfection that you’d normally only get from oil frying. Except, you’re not drowning your wings in tons of oil. So yes, I’d say the air fryer lives up to the hype.
Plus, everyone will be gung-ho over this lemon pepper seasoning and dipping sauce – especially your Super Bowl crowd! It’s extremely simple, but has that addictive flavor that will have everyone reaching for a second plate. Translation: make a double batch. You just might need it!
Let’s Talk Ingredients
Ideally, it would be best to buy fresh chicken wings where the wings and drumettes are already separated for you by the butcher (to save you time). But if you buy them whole, you can easily chop them yourself. If you need some guidance on how to do so, take a peek at the video in my honey mustard chicken wings recipe.
Now, let’s get into the good stuff. This lemon pepper seasoning and sauce are what really makes these wings delicious. Like, finger-licking delicious. The sauce is optional and you can omit it if you prefer a simple dry rub on its own. But if you’re one that loves sauce with wings, this zingy, lemony, slightly sweet sauce will definitely enhance the lemon pepper seasoning.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings: You’ll need about one pound for 4 servings. If you’ve got a bigger crowd, just double (or triple) the recipe and cook in batches.
- Olive Oil: Just one tablespoon is needed to coat the wings and prep them for air frying.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning: Although you can make your own lemon pepper seasoning, I find that it’s easier to just grab a bottle of it. It should be available at almost every market!
- Salt: While lemon pepper seasoning does contain some salt, I think a little extra kosher salt ups the flavor.
Lemon Pepper Dipping Sauce
- Butter: It goes without saying that butter makes everything better, especially when it comes to wings! Alternatively, you can use ghee if you’re dairy-sensitive.
- Honey: It adds a hint of sweetness to balance out the bright lemon flavors.
- Lemon Juice & Zest: This combination will add a “fresh” lemon touch to these wings.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning: Just one more teaspoon of this for ultimate lemon pepper goodness!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
In just 30 minutes, your chicken wings will become beautifully golden with that irresistibly crispy skin. Yep, it’s that easy with the air fryer. Here’s how to make them:
Prep the chicken wings. Set the air fryer to 390℉ (200℃). Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and toss them in a large bowl with the oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt.
Begin air frying! Place the wings in an even layer (not too crowded) and air fry for 18 to 20 minutes, until they’ve reached a perfectly golden color. Just make sure to flip them halfway through using tongs or pull out the basket and giving the wings a “shake” to ensure even cooking.
Prep the sauce. While the wings finish cooking, stir together the warm butter, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt in a small bowl.
It’s time to serve! You can toss the crispy wings with some of the sauce right before serving for a buttery, lemon-y touch. Or, serve the sauce in a bowl next to your platter of wings. The choice is yours!
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Use fresh chicken wings! Although frozen is an option (which I’ll go over below), I always find that using fresh chicken lends the juiciest, most tender results. Plus, you won’t have to spend time thawing it.
- Pat them dry. The more dry your chicken is, the better the seasoning will stick to the wing!
- Let the wings chill in the fridge for maximum crispiness. The wings will be crispy no matter what, but for a little extra oomph you can chill them uncovered in the fridge for about 2 hours before seasoning.
How to Reheat Crispy Chicken Wings
I can attest to the fact that these chicken wings are easy to demolish. But if you’ve got some leftover, these wings are incredibly easy to reheat with your air fryer!
- To store: Place the leftover wings and sauce in separate airtight containers in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat: If your air fryer has a ‘reheat’ function you can use that. Otherwise, you can fry them again at 390°F for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they’re heated through and crisped up.
Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe Video
Watch how easy these super crispy wings come together in the video below!
Round Out Your Party Appetizers
These lemon pepper chicken wings are just one essential party food. Here’s a few others you’ll need for the ultimate appetizer spread.
There’s always a time and place for these crispy air fryer chicken wings. The next time you make them, I’d love to hear what you think of them in a comment below!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings (Lemon Pepper)
These air fryer chicken wings hit all the right spots – juicy insides, crispy skin outsides, and served with a buttery lemon pepper sauce. Perfect for game day, Super Bowl, or any party really!
Lemon Pepper Dipping Sauce
Set the air fryer to 390℉ (200℃). Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel, and place them in a mixing bowl. Toss the wings with the oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt.
Place the wings in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through or shaking and tossing the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
While the chicken wings are cooking, prepare the lemon pepper sauce. Stir together the warm butter, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt.
Serve the chicken wings along with the dipping sauce. Alternatively, you can toss the chicken wings in a little bit of the sauce before serving.
- Each serving is about 3 wings.
- There’s a lot of air fryers to choose from. After doing a bit of research I purchased this Ninja Max Air Fryer and have been loving it!
Calories: 283kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 78mg, Sodium: 437mg, Potassium: 135mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 457IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 22mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.